Patsy Durack’s Rose Garden
Patsy Durack’s Rose Garden is located in Kareela, the old Archbishop’s holiday house, which dates from 1919. Patsy and her late husband, Ian, moved into the property in 1988. Together they transformed it into the picture it is today.
The roses are tended in the old fashioned way, with pruning and fertilising regularly, mulching and deadheading constantly. There is a no spraying policy in the garden in a desire to to minimise the use of chemicals. This allows Patsy to use the blooms in her products, including the rose petal conserve, available in the gift shop.
For further information, please visit the website.
The Garden is open on Sundays, 10am to 4.30pm, from October to the end of December, and then again from March to the end of May. Open at other times by appointment.